something significant.


i was listening to a sugarland cd the other day, when jennifer nettles belted out a line that said, "the first and last breath don't matter, it's all the ones that are in-between." which made me stop and think for a minute. time is such a fluid thing, so fast and fleeting, that i don't ponder it much. what am i doing with my life? do i act in a God-honoring way, do i put other's first? what difference have i made in the lives of all those i interact with?

sometimes it's hard to find that bit of light that drives you to keep going. i'll find myself zoning out and poring over skeevy craigslist ads for apartments in nashville, completely invested in the excitement of what is to come. but then, i have to think. this is a precious time. i will never be able to rewind to age twenty and relive life in my apartment with my best friend, or go back to all the hours spent enjoying hollywood and serving on children's worship team. i find myself thinking too often, "oh, i've got time."

because, well. i need to make sure that now is the time, these are the days.
my life just needs to be revved up a bit, and i'm ready to enjoy these last couple weeks in my home state.

what do you do to stay thankful, and make your moments worth it?


8 comments:

  1. I really love the words in your picture, really made me think about what I have done or been involved with that really has any significance.....I think staying positive has to be conscience, so I like to surround myself with things/quotes/little reminders to do such :)

    Like your post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We chose to do or not do something significant. The question is really what are we doing to make that impact? What an inspiration wall. =) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woah, that quote is really great. I'll need to keep that in mind, how awesome would a poster of that be?! And that picture is pretty perfect for this post too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's such a fun picture. Is that a horse printed dress you have on!? I wore one with short sleeves on my 21st a couple months back! Its on my blog. You have great taste!!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. very true. Although I can see how Nashville would be hard to put out of your mind. I visited that area awhile ago and have now decided that I need to live there pronto

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this post! It makes me stop and think about my time, and my life. Someone once told me "Be Happy Now." Don't wait for the next "stage" of your life to be happy, because why not enjoy EVERY step of the way?! I'm also glad to have found your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it is just our nature to get swept up in thought of the future things to come that we are excited about. But, I agree we really should take time to appreciate the every day things as well. Like, when I cook my Hubby something he really enjoys and raves about it. Those are the moments that are really special to me.
    <3 Dana @ This Silly Girl's Life

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've read this blog post too before, but wow, that's a great point! Thank you Meghan for the Spiritual wisdom of the day. <3

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your sweet comments! i read every single one <3